Origin: Unnan, Shimane
Harvested: Spring, 2019
Net weight: 3.527 oz / 100 g
Style: Loose leaf (curled leaves)
Producer: Fujihara Tea Growers
Organic Certification: 17A－0005 / 17J－0002 certified by Shimane Organic Agriculture Association Japan
Color: Bright green
Taste: Less stringent and smooth taste
Aroma: Young leaves
Farmer’s Recommended way to brew for 1 cup:
-Leaf amount: 1.5 heaping teaspoon
-Water temperature: 80 c / 176 F
-Water amount/cup: little more than half cup ( 140 cc / 5 fl oz)
-Infusion time: 1 – 1.5 min.
1. Use soft water
2. Boil water for 5 min. to take out air and chlorine
3. Adjust water temperature (transfer the water from one tea ware to another (ex. teapot to cup) is quick way to cool down water temperature. For this tea, transfer twice.)
4. Put 1.5 heaping teaspoon leaves into teapot
5. Pour the adjusted temperature water into teapot (little more than half cup water for 1 person) and put lid on teapot
6. Wait 1 – 1.5 min.
7. Pour the liquid from teapot into cup to the last drop
For 2nd brew, use hot water and take less than 30 sec. to brew.